Who we are & what we do
Trotton-with-Chithurst parish council consists of seven councillors who serve for four year terms ending in 2019. All councillors are voluntary (unpaid) including one who also acts as the clerk to the parish.
Council meetings are usually held on the second Wednesday of every other month, usually in the Southdowns Manor or St George's church, Trotton. The public are welcome to attend the meetings - see the diary of meetings for more information.
If you need any information about the council and its services that you cannot find on this website, please contact the parish clerk who will be happy to give advice and assistance.
Parish council elections
The next Parish Council Elections will be held in May 2019.
Our councillors are elected or co-opted. If you would like to become a councillor or find out more about what they do then please contact the clerk
Who does what?
Council responsibilities are divided up amongst the councillors as follows:
- Committees (use links for more details)
- Other responsibilities:
- Amenity plans: Neil Ryder and Anne Stephens
- Church safety, bonfire, bus shelter & noticeboard maintenance: Dave Dawtrey
- Community events: Anne Stephens with Colleen Homan and Kathryn MacKellar
- Emergency / resiliency plans: Colleen Homan,
- GDPR & website: Neil Ryder
- Operation Watershed: Carola Brown
- Environment, rights of way and & open spaces: Chris Cullen
- Telephone kiosk: Carola Brown
- Trotton common: Neil Ryder
Register of interests
The register of interests for council members, showing their employment and pecuniary interests, as required by section 30 of the Localism Act 2011 and other interests required by the council's code of conduct.
Parish council standing orders
Council standing orders (PDF, 814 Kb)
The standing orders regulating the normal practices of the council.
Council member and (voluntary) parish clerk
Neil is a council member and member of the finance and planning committees. He also acts as the (voluntary, unpaid) clerk to the council, so he is its main contact and looks after its administration and website.
- Steps, Trotton, GU31 5EP
- 020 3021 3383