Public roads are the responsibility of West Sussex county council highways department. To report a pothole please go to:

For other road problems or to make an enquiry, go to:

Please note that the parish council cannot intervene unless the problem has been reported to WSCC and no action has resulted (the WSCC website will send you an email confirmation when you report a problem, so please forward this to us if asking us to follow up).


Members of the public have the right to access some land for walking or certain other leisure activities, and land-owners have responsibilities to maintain this land. However, using paths or entering areas that are not defined for public access, and particularly damaging fences gates and signs, can be criminal acts. Equally, obstructing or failing to maintain rights of way can be legally actionable.

We have tried to pull together some useful links on rights of way and public access below and will welcome any further suggestions: